Questions 31 – 40
Complete the notes. Write ONE WORD ONLY in each gap.
THE SPIRIT BEAR
- General facts
- It is a white bear belonging to the black bear family.
- Its colour comes from an uncommon .
- Local people believe that it has unusual .
- They protect the bear from .
- The bear's relationship with the forest is complex.
- Tree roots stop along salmon streams.
- The bears' feeding habits provide nutrients for forest vegetation.
- It is currently found on a small number of .
- Habitat is being lost due to deforestation and construction of by logging companies.
- Unrestricted is affecting the salmon supply.
- The bears' existence is also threatened by their low rate of .
- Going forward
- Interested parties are working together.
- Logging companies must improve their of logging.
- Maintenance and of the spirit bears' territory is needed.