How to answer this essay?
- Paraphrase the overall essay main topic.
- Write a clear opinion.
- 1st Body Paragraph
- Write a topic sentence with a clear main idea.
- Explain your main idea.
- Develop it with specific or hypothetical examples.
- 2nd Body Paragraph
- Write a new topic sentence with a new main idea.
- Explain your new main idea.
- Include specific details and examples.
- Add as much information as you can and make sure it links logically.
- Summarise your main ideas.
- Include a final thought.
Model Answer | Marked as Band 8
Cohesive connecting words that improve coherence in writing . Useful less common words that boost fluency in writing .
- It is regularly argued that banning of all sorts of advertisements, which are thought to be pointless and even deleterious, could generate myriad merits for the community. Notwithstanding, from my viewpoint, social members tend to not only earn benefits but also overtake drawbacks from this trend.
- On the one hand, it seems undeniable that the prohibition on various kinds of advertisement can be advantageous for consumers. Prohibiting advertising is synonymous with the fact that shoppers may not have to pay a great deal of money for advertising services involved in commodity prices. This can serve to diminish consumers’ expenditures for shopping. Furthermore, no sooner are plentiful advertisements overstating the functions, values and qualities of commodities with a view to pressing citizens to buy their products prohibited than individuals may opt their items to accomplish their requirements without being adversely influenced by the messages in which the facts related to these goods can have been exaggerated or even deformed.
- On the other hand, it would appear that the ban to advertising services as well pose countless demerits to the community. The first flaw could be the joblessness which workers involved in advertising could be confronted with, in all likelihood, giving surge to a growing in the unemployment level. Another disadvantage might be that this embargo can keep consumers in ignorance of the latest goods existing on the market. Hence, they may be faced with hurdles in searching for and comparing the quality and cost regarding the products of the same category before having a decision to purchase them.
- In conclusion, it is my conviction that banning advertising can tolerate both desired and adverse effects on community members.
- drum up interest
- create brand awareness
- launch marketing campaigns
- catch the viewer's attention
- corner the market
- penetrate new markets
- violate ethical marketing codes
- manipulate people
- contribute to a surge in online advertising
- can be targeted by internet advertisers
- consumer resistance to the growing intrusiveness of advertising
- the influence of advertising on minors
- often reject traditional/conventional ads
- Children can easily be influenced by advertisements.
- Children put pressure on parents to buy them things.
- become a cash cow for
- entice children to drink and smoke
- promote junk food/fast foods
- use unscrupulous or unethical marketing techniques
- introduce misleading information