In IELTS Listening Test:
You will hear several different accents and do a range of task types and you can only listen to the recording once! — if you miss an answer, it’s gone. That’s why you need to concentrate more during IELTS Listening practice offered by our IELTS Test Simulation. Later, you will have a chance to take a look at three strategies to improve your test answers.
Time assigned for IELTS Listening section:
- The duration of the IELTS Listening test is 30 minutes, you will be given 2 minutes to recheck your answers.
- There are 4 sections in the IELTS Listening test and the difficulty level of the test increases for each section. Each section has 10 questions, and so there are 40 questions in total. Each question carries 1 mark.
- The listening tests will be of the same type for both academic as well as general training categories.
- To answer these questions, you might need to have a good understanding of the monologues and conversations to interpret them and write the answers, as the words in the audio and questions might not be exactly the same.
- Be cautious about the word count limit and instructions. As some of these instructions would specify whether your answer should be a word, two words, a number or numbers.
The IELTS Listening Band Calculation:
Parts of Listening Test: