Questions 31 – 40
Complete the notes. Write ONE WORD ONLY in each gap.
- Studying geography helps us to understand:
- the effects of different processes on the of the Earth
- the dynamic between and population
- Two main branches of study:
- physical features
- human lifestyles and their
- Specific study areas: biophysical, topographic, political, social, economic, historical and geography, and also cartography
- Key point: geography helps us to understand our surroundings and the associated
- What do geographers do?
- find data – e.g. conduct censuses, collect information in the form of using computer and satellite technology
- analyse data – identify , e.g. cause and effect
- publish findings in form of:
- a) maps
- – easy to carry
- – can show physical features of large and small areas
- – BUT a two-dimensional map will always have some
- – can show vegetation problems, density, ocean floor etc.
- – used for monitoring conditions etc.